HENI Talks Website
This website (the “site”) is operated by Pierce Protocols Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”), a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under company number 05613954. Our registered office is at 15 Bunhill Row, London, England, EC1Y 8LP and our VAT number is 880079313.
Details of how to contact us can be found here.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
- Our Cookies Policy, which sets out information about the cookies on our site; and
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with the Acceptable Use Policy (together the “Policies”).
CHANGES TO AND USE OF OUR SITE
We may update and change our site from time to time and do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis and we may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or part of our site without notice to you. We reserve the right to restrict the availability of all or part of our site at our discretion. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the site.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
All intellectual property rights in the material on our site (including its layout, design, graphics and any videos published on it) are either owned by us, licensed to us or used under exceptions to copyright that permit limited use of protected works without the permission of the copyright owner.
All of our rights are reserved to us. We are confident that we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that our use of copyrighted material is in accordance with applicable law. If you believe that any material on our site infringes any of your rights, please contact us here.
Except as permitted by law (including for certain educational uses), you must not reproduce, distribute, transmit, disseminate or otherwise use in any way any material (or part thereof) on the site without first obtaining all necessary licences and consents. In any event, our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the owners of the intellectual property rights in the material on our site must always be acknowledged.
If you require permission to use any of the material on our site, please contact us here. We do not warrant that the use of content on our site will not infringe the rights of third parties and it is your responsibility to determine and satisfy copyright (including obtaining any necessary licences or consents) and other use conditions before copying, transmitting, or making other use of such content.
LINKS TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and lawful and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. If you wish to link to any other page on our site (including to individual videos) or to frame or embed any of our content on your website, please contact us here
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site on any website that is not owned by you.
We reserve the right to withdraw any permissions without notice.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Where our site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience and information only. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsements by us of those linked websites. We have no control over the contents of those websites and disclaim any liability, and accept no responsibility, for the content of any website referred to or accessed through our site.
This site may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including in the form of comments posted by them. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us and the views expressed by other users of our site do not necessarily represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users, please contact us here.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, including by posting comments on our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site in our discretion, including if, in our sole opinion, your post does not comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such posting by you complies with those standards, and that you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and you hereby agree to grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferrable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, make available, grant sub-licences of, prepare derivative works of and display such content in any manner we deem appropriate.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who reasonably claims that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their rights, including any intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
The content on our site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon by you. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We shall not be liable to you for any loss of income, revenue or profits, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
This site is operated by Pierce Protocols Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”), a limited liability company registered in England and Wales under company number 05613954. Our registered office is at 15 Bunhill Row, London, England, EC1Y 8LP and our VAT number is 880079313.
Details of how to contact us can be found here.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We may revise the terms of this policy from time-to-time. Please review this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the latest version and are aware of any changes.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any other person;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards;
- to transmit, or procure the transmission of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to transmit, send or upload any data or material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment, network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including allowing users to post comments on our site. Whilst we may choose to oversee, monitor or moderate the use of such services, we are under no obligation to do so and we expressly exclude any liability for any loss or damage to you arising from the use by any other person of any interactive service on our site, whether or not the service is moderated.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you upload, contribute or post on our site (each a “Contribution”). The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter and they apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole.
Pierce Protocols Limited will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the content standards.
A Contribution must:
- be respectful of others;
- be relevant to the purpose of the site and to any material to which the Contribution relates;
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or provocative (including discrimination, swearing or vulgar comments);
- advocate, promote, encourage or condone any illegal activity, sexually explicit material or violence;
- be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass or alarm any other person;
- be in contempt of court;
- infringe any intellectual property rights;
- contain personal information, including any contact details, either relating to you or to another individual, on any area of the site which is generally available to be viewed by other users of the site;
- impersonate any person or organisation, mispresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation (including Pierce Protocols Limited) or do anything else likely to deceive us or another person;
- breach any legal duty owed to us or a third party, including contractual duties and duties of confidence;
- contain any statement which may reasonably be understood as a direct or indirect inducement to commit acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising, promotion or commercial endorsement of any products or services or web links to other sites.
BREACH OF THIS POLICY
- terminating or suspending your right to use the site;
- removing any Contribution uploaded by you on our site;
- taking legal action against you, including proceedings for all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, administrative and legal costs) resulting from that breach; and
- disclosing such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Acceptable Use Policy and its subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes relating to it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
HENI Group Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice and your rights
- This Privacy Notice describes how the HENI Group of businesses process personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- The HENI Group businesses to which this Privacy Notice applies (“we”, “us”, “our”) are:
- Heni Ltd, Heni Holdings Ltd and Pierce Protocols Ltd, trading as “HENI”, “HENI Group”, “HENI Talks”, “HENI Publishing”, “HENI Digital” and “HENI Editions”, and which is the Data Controller of Personal Data relating to all such trading names (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Prudence Cuming Associates Ltd, which is the Data Controller of Personal Data relating to that business (please contact email@example.com); and
- Kay Mounting Service Ltd, which is the Data Controller of Personal Data relating to that business (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
To review the relevant privacy notices of any other affiliated entities in the HENI Group of businesses please review the relevant website or contact us for further information.
- By visiting any HENI Group website or when completing any customer or client registration process with us and/or placing an order on our websites, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Privacy Notice, which also includes our Cookies Policy (see below).
- This Privacy Notice also applies more generally to and provides information for the benefit of a wider range of individuals on whom we process Personal Data, whether or not such individuals are our customers and clients, contacts, suppliers, contractors, or visitors to our websites or premises
- The GDPR generally provides individuals with rights in relation to the processing of their Personal Data. These include rights to information relating to such processing, to access to such Personal Data, to object to the processing, to rectify, erase, restrict and to port such Personal Data. You can seek to exercise any of these rights or make any other enquiry about our use of your Personal Data by contacting us at any time using the relevant Data Controller email address(es) above.
- Our aim always is to process Personal Data fairly, lawfully and transparently. However, if you are unhappy with the information provided in this Privacy Notice or have any broader questions or concerns please email the relevant Data Controller email address(es) above. If you remain dissatisfied you may raise your unresolved issues directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (who can be contacted at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or via ico.org.uk).
Personal Data we may collect from you
- When you want to register with or make purchases through any HENI Group website, we will ask you to input and we will collect Personal Data from you (such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, and payment information). This includes when you subscribe to receive newsletters or notifications, post comments on our websites or contact us using the ‘contact’ form on our websites.
- We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located and the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- More generally, and subject to this Privacy Notice, we may also obtain Personal Data when you meet with us or correspond with us by email, post, telephone or any other method.
- Personal Data about you may also be collected from publicly available records or from other sources, including other affiliates of the HENI Group of businesses.
Security of your Personal Data
- We will treat all your Personal Data as confidential and will only disclose it to third parties outside the HENI Group in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We will keep Personal Data secure and fully comply with all applicable UK data protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
- The HENI Group will retain Personal Data for at least the length of time required for the specific purposes for which it is processed, as set out in this Privacy Notice, and for such additional periods as are required by law or in order to ensure best practice (including effective back-up systems).
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep your Personal Data, and the details of your orders and payments secure, but in the absence of proven negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any Personal Data we process on your behalf.
Processing and disclosure of your Personal Data
- The HENI Group will process your Personal Data for the following purposes or as otherwise set out in this Privacy Notice, on the basis that such processing is in our and/or your legitimate interests:
- for the purposes of negotiating or performing any contracts entered into between you, or some company to which you are affiliated, and any HENI Group business;
- to address any correspondence, comments or enquires made by you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our websites, should you choose to do so;
- to email you with HENI Group invites, newsletters and/or suggestions about products, services or content that may be of interest to you, where we have a legitimate interest to do so in compliance with data protection and privacy law and/or where you provided your consent. However, you may stop such notifications at any time by contacting our customer services team by emailing the relevant Data Controller email address(es) above using the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line or otherwise by opting out of the particular email in the manner described;
- for the effective management of the HENI Group of businesses in accordance with our legitimate interests, such as in group structuring and management, engaging suppliers, generating surveys and statistics, measuring performance and website usage, implementing service improvement and marketing plans, etc;
- disclosing your Personal Data to third parties outside the HENI Group of businesses for the purposes stated above, including on your behalf or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of HENI Group businesses and our personnel, customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- disclosing your Personal Data to any HENI Group business or affiliate, which means our subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, or any affiliated person or business. In the event that the relevant Data Controller, as identified above, or its assets, are acquired by a third party, Personal Data held by us may also be one of the transferred assets.
- The HENI Group may also process your Personal Data, including disclosing such Personal Data to third parties, as required by virtue of any legal, regulatory or other obligation. For example, the HENI Group of businesses will from time to time be required to disclose Personal Data to external law firms, accountants and auditors, insurance brokers and underwriters.
- The HENI Group will process Personal Data in the course of receiving payments from our clients and customers, and when making payments to such persons and to other third parties. The payment methods used will include bank transfers (which will require account names, numbers and sort codes, and possibly other information) and debit or credit card transactions (though note that we do not retain card information and payments via card will be processed securely in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) to protect sensitive cardholder data).
- Financial transactions through all HENI Group websites will be handled through our payment services provider, PayPal. You can review the PayPal Privacy Notice at paypal.com. We shall share Personal Data with PayPal only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments.
Where we store and transfer your Personal Data
- The Personal Data which HENI collect from you and which we process for the purposes set out above may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) where appropriate and necessary in accordance with our legitimate interests. Personal Data may also be processed by HENI Group staff, or for one of our suppliers or agents, operating outside the EEA. Such persons or entities maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders, the processing of your payment details or the provision of support services.
- If and when making such transfers outside the EEA we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is managed securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and relevant data protection law.
- Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer or internet-enabled portable device by the websites you visit. They are used to make websites work and to improve their efficiency, as well as to provide website usage information to the website owner. Cookies contain information such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the website before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
- Google Analytics: we use this web analytics tool to anonymously track usage statistics to help us improve the user experience of our site. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our website. Google Analytics collects information anonymously; it reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Variations to this Privacy Notice
- We may vary the terms of this Privacy Notice from time-to-time. Please check this webpage regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version as your Personal Data is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time when you provided that information.
- This Privacy Notice will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.